Keith's tweets.......

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday 23 May 2007

    Bins at the Pond


    I have made repeated calls for the recycling bins at the Pond at Westport Quay to be relocated to a more appropriate location.

    I even went so far as to provide the council officials with alternative locations.

    That was two months ago and to date I have not received a reply. This is simply not good enough.

    Today I contacted the Town Engineer and requested a timetable for their removal. I pointed out that as Westport was taking part in the pride of place competition that this was even more of an incentive to remove the bins.

    I have warned the council that if they fail to remove these bins I will introduce a Section 140 notice which if passed will force the manager to remove the bins. In this I trust I will have the support of my fellow councillors.

    Watch this space.

    No comments: