Keith's tweets.......

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday 3 September 2008

    Blogging

    I never really thought it would come true.  I never thought it would really happen.  Even when the Labour Parliamentary Party said that Fianna Fail were going to let us drift into a recession without a hand on the tiller I never really believed it.
     
    A slow down maybe, at worse a stop to growth.............but a recession and above all one that could be avoided or minimised by a bit of leadership---That I did not believe would happen.  But it has.
     
    44% rise in unemployment and a €5 billion shortfall.  Where is the Taoiseach?  Is Nero to fiddle while Rome burns.  Somebody provide some leadership fast.  Please!

    2 comments:

    Unknown said...

    It is deeply depressing to hear of noational brands and household names like Erin Foods,Bulmers, Guinness, Hibernian Insuarance, Waterford Glass announce lay offs. All the warnings were being issued about over reliance on the building industry went unheeded by the government. The knowledge economy was an aspiration and the result is the guts are being ripped from the economy. I met a parent of an ex pupil a month ago. She told me her son who just left college last year got a job as an architect and was already unemployed. He's going next month to Australia. Whats the bet that by Christmas 08 RTE cameras are back at Knock Airport watching young people emigrate to London?

    Cllr Keith Martin said...

    God Joe that is a depressing picture you paint. As I say in my post I never thought things would get so bad. Cowen has disapeared and leadership is what the country needs.
    I hope the electorate punishes the government in 09