Keith's tweets.......

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday 27 May 2009

    Time for Tubberhill


    Cllr Keith Martin has called on Westport Town Manager, Peter Hynes, to name the date for the allocation of the Tubberhill Social and Affordable housing scheme.

    Cllr Martin says the allocations were supposed to take place in late 2008 and that the council should now name the date for allocating social and affordable housing to successful applicants.

    "This is the most important council project in the life of the current council and I am proud to have played my role along with my fellow councillors in funding and approving this scheme.  The housing is completed to the highest building and environmental standards and can be heated all year round for the cost of one tank of oil thanks to the innovative system of heat retention and insulation which was incorporated into the design.  The scheme is ideally suited and located and I think it is an impressive scheme visually and architecturally.

    "However I think it is high time that we made the allocations on the units and I have written to the Manager to request that he set a date for the allocation of the units as there is a huge interest and demand for the scheme particularly from people living in the area who want a council or affordable house.  I want to see people moving into those houses before the summer and I look forward to the manager naming the day so we can celebrate some house warmings."

    Cllr Keith Martin
    086 0691182



    No comments: