Keith's tweets.......

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday 15 October 2012

    Abolition of Town Councils

    Dear Eamon,


    I am a Town Councillor with 8 years service.  I am all in favour of local government reform and a return of powers to councillors.

    I would be horrified to learn that the government would be planning on abolition Town Councils like Westport.  Especially after such a move is not a policy of Labour's nor is it included in the Programme for Government.

    We are the foot soldiers of local government and the Labour party across the country.  We know our constituents by their first name, they're problems are our problems.

    I would consider any move to abolish us as a betrayal of the highest order by both Government and party.

    Sincerely


    Keith Martin
    Councillor
    Westport Town Council

    Chair 
    Westport Branch Labour Party

    No comments: