Keith's tweets.......

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday 13 June 2007

    Update on Quay Hill pavement repairs-success!

    At the council meeting last night I welcomed the commitment given by Mayo County Council this week to examine the Quay Hill pavement and undertake any repairs necessary.

    I raised the thorny issue of the condition of the Quay Hill Pavement under the Town Council’s Roadworks Scheme, which we were discussing at the June meeting of Westport Town Council.

    At that meeting Mr Peter Hynes, who is Westport Town Manager and also Mayo County Council’s Director of Services for the area, admitted that the County Council had responsibility for the road and pavement up the Quay Hill. Mr Hynes explained that a commitment was given at Monday’s (June 11) meeting of the Westport Area Committee to examine the pavement and make any needed repairs.

    I am glad that the County Council has committed itself to repairing this pavement. It is an awful condition. I have led the charge on this issue and I am delighted to see real progress on this. I had threatened to do the repairs myself if the terrible situation on the Quay Hill pavement continued but I will be putting away my shovel-for now!

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    Well done Keith,

    It is time someone put manners on that lot.