Keith's tweets.......

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday 11 January 2008

    My budget proposals

    I proposed at last night's council meeting that the public toilet on Mill Street be removed and that we locate a proper public toilet in Westport Leisure Park.

    The current toilet costs us €34,000 a year and makes about €2,000. Westport Leisure Park cost us €195,000 to run last year. By relocating the toilet we could have saved €34,000 or over 1% in rates.

    Sadly this option was no considered viable by the council.

    I argued for an extra €5,000 for the Youth of Westport project and the Amenity Grants and this has been included in the budget.

    My proposal for a €10,000 bin waiver was not supported but I have received assurances from the Management that cases of hardship will receive assistance under the relevant section of the budget.

    No comments: