Keith's tweets.......

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday 3 June 2008

    Letter to the editor


    Dear Madam,

    I would like to address some of the issues raised by your columnist Liamy MacNally in last week's De Facto column.

    Neither I nor the Labour Party are playing a "strange" game in relation to Lisbon.  We believe that Lisbon is an important step in ensuring that the EU continues to function effectively with a membership of 27 nations..  That is why I have put my name and my face to promoting a YES vote on Thursday. 

    What is "strange" is the lack of the same drive from many of our TDs (you know who!) many of whom have been completely invisible during this campaign.  These TDs are calling for a YES vote too though you would hardly know it due to their complete invisibility on the issue in literature or posters.

    I have put my "angelic face" on 150 posters in the South West of Mayo and 4,000 information leaflets which have been delivered to homes in Westport, Newport and Louisburgh because I believe that membership of the EU has been very good for Ireland and that we will continue to benefit from a closer economic and social partnership with our neighbours.

    As to my future ambitions those will be determined by the people of Mayo to whom I have already declared my candidacy to represent them on Mayo County Council and to continue to represent them on Westport Town Council..

    Liamy should stick to shooting the message and not the messenger!

    Vote Yes!

    Sincerely  Keith Martin  Mobile        086 0691182 e-mail        newseditor@ireland.com 



    Sincerely  Keith Martin  Mobile        086 0691182 e-mail        newseditor@ireland.com 

    No comments: