Keith's tweets.......

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday 11 March 2007

    Call for recycling bins to be re-sited

     

    Unsightly, inappropriate and out of place the only way to describe the recycling bins in place at the Pond at Westport Quay. I have made repeated calls on the council to remove the bins from the car park at the Pond because they are out of place in an area of scenic beauty like the Quay.

    I am frustrated that after all the hard that the Quay residents and the Town Council have put into making the Pond an attractive area that the council have dumped these bins slap bang in the middle of it. They are completely out of place at the Pond and detract from the area and the ambience of the Quay. They can be seen from every point of the Pond and I have had numerous representations about them.

    I asked the council to remove these bins to a more suitable location at the February meeting of Westport Town Council and I will be repeating this call on Thursday night. I can’t understand why in the year we won the Tidy Towns award we have spoiled the Pond. I know the President is coming next month and I would hope these bins are in a more appropriate location.

    I know I have the support of my fellow councillors, the residents of the Quay and all those who value the integrity of the Quay in my call for the removal of these bins.”
    Posted by Picasa

    No comments: