Keith's tweets.......

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday 13 February 2008

    Irish Rail and Westport

    For the third time in as many months Irish Rail failed to make a presentation at Westport Town Council's monthly meeting.

    As I said at the meeting this showed nothing but contempt for our town or worse that we were being ignored altogether.

    In 2005 Irish Rail promised us that new rolling stock would be ont he Westport line by the end of 2007 and that we could look forward to five services to Dublin.

    Instead the service has deteriated and there is still no guarantee of getting hot food on the train.

    I remember in the 1980s my father writing angry letters to the Mayo News about the state of the Westport line.

    Nothing has changed. I seconded the motion at our February meeting for a meeting with the CEO of Irish Rail on this issue as I was fed up with going to meetings expecting Irish Rail to update us on the situation.

    Three times in a row they failed to show up. As I said at the meeting, 'Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me!"

    The time for presenations is over and we are going to demand answers from the Organ Grinder and not the monkey!

    No comments: