Keith's tweets.......

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday 13 February 2008

    SEA for Westport

    One of the more unexpected events of recent has been the instruction from the Dept of the Environment that Westport must carry out an Strategic Enviornmental Assessment SEA as part of our new Town Plan.

    I welcome the move as I believe there is a lot of merit in the suggestion but my concern is that this is an assessment as opposed to a survey. Basically this means that the company hired to undertake the SEA will only use existing data to compile their report.

    My concern is that there are senstive areas like the Railway Line Walk wetlands which have not been properly surveyed and thus there could be "blindspots"int he SEA.

    There is a public submission process involved and this will give everyone their say in the SEA so we will just have to wait and see.

    No comments: